Have you experienced leaks inside your home due to broken shingles during the winter season? It is irritating and troublesome, right? Well, if you do not want to experience it again, preparing your roof before the winter season is the best thing to perform. Even though your house roofs do not show signs of trouble and complication, overseeing them is vital before the winter. Taking precautionary measures before anything will happen is one way of ensuring safety for you and your family.
The safety measures include: getting rid of the debris in the gutters, trimming the trees around the properties, examine the roof flashing and the shingles, and overseeing the attics for ventilation. However, if you think that doing the safety measures is not easy and might bring danger to you and your family, you can hire Garland roofing. The company provides exceptional and noteworthy roofing services. They also have a wide range of services for the betterment of your roof.
Preparing for the winter season is fundamental. You need to brace not only the interior parts of your house but also the exterior. Since the roof of your home will face another heavy duty during the winter season, you should give full attention to it. Do you have any idea about the things that you need to finish with your roofs before the winter season arrives? If your answer is none, keeping in touch with this article is the best thing.
Here is the cold weather roof care guide that you should follow:
- Inspect your roof shingles. In case you observed that it has damages, repair and fix them immediately. Shingles that are missing, loose, and damaged can cause water leaks when the winter season arrives. A broken shingle can also put you in trouble when the water makes its way to your home. Instead of facing discomfort and inconvenience during the winter season, hiring a skilled roofer from our company is all you have to do.
- Do not disregard when your roof flashing is in trouble. Many homeowners do not give attention to their flashings. But it is not a characteristic of a well-maintained roof. Flashing defends your home from water damage.
- Replacing old caulking is also essential to make sure that there will be no leaking on the joints of the roofs. Remember to remove the old cooking before replacing them with a new set.
- Before the winter season arrives, ensure that your rakes or snow removal equipment are ready. It will help you get rid of the pile of snow on your roofs.
- To avoid fallen branches or fallen trees, trimming trees near your property is an advantage. Overgrown trees can be a threat to your house safety when there are tendencies that it might fell.
- If your area is prone to ice dams, adding a heating cable to your downspouts and gutters is helpful.
- Poor attics that need attention should be well-handled. Adding vents and removing insulation that blocks the vents is the best thing. Since you are dealing with your attics, do not forget to take a lot at your insulations and improve them.